I meant to post this a few weeks ago. I saw this Colbert Report clip after we watched the short segment about the One World news segment, where they were covering live stories in different parts of the globe. In this clip, Colbert is chastising and scrutinizing FOX's latest development and innovations as anchor Shepard Smith gives the viewing audience a personalized tour of the FOX news room and it's latest technologies.
http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colbert-report-videos/429704/october-10-2013/because-shep---fox-news-deck
Keeping things fresh and up-to-date as a form of legitimacy has always been a popular trend in media. I'm curious about what aspects of new technology and developments do you all think help or hurt an agencies legitimacy/reputation? What aspects of traditional journalism might be going away that shouldn't? Any other pro's or con's?
The big question I have in regards to this clip: What is the overall effect of these kind of "publicity stunts?" Does it really lend to credibility and legitimacy, or is it more of a form of visual distraction?
No comments:
Post a Comment